5 Interesting Lingerie Facts You Didn’t Know
Lingerie is a part of our everyday life. We open the drawer every day and just hope that there is something clean, pretty, sexy as well as comfy to put on. It is a daily essential but it has come a long way. Do you know how it has evolved over the years? Here are some fun facts that you may not have known about lingerie.
1. In French, the word ‘lingerie‘ applies to men’s and women’s undergarments.
2. In the early 1900s, a ‘monobosom’ was a popular look for women. Their breasts were hoisted and supported in such a way, to appear as though they had one large bosom.
3. Women in the UK wear the largest bra sizes. Women in Japan have the smallest bra size, on an average. The average bra size in India is 34C.
4. Corsets were often made with whalebone. In the 1800s, the baleen whale was crucial to corset-making.
5. Italian women often wear red underwear on New Year’s Eve, for good luck.